Friday, September 18, 2009

A Line cook To A Network Marketer WOW


Hello everyone my name is Branden D. Saunders The Line cook. My story begins working in restaurants, hotels, and big corporate companies. My span is 15+ years and this is what it took for me to become a great leader in line cooking. It was never easy having to start at the bottom and work my way up. From chefs and managers cussing, throwing plates, knives, food, fists, yelling constantly, kicking me in the butt to hurry up, bad attitudes, basically being baptized by fire constantly oh my. This also includes the front of the house or FOH throwing plates at you, screaming, arguing, picking fights, cussing at you, and telling you to hurry up because customers are waiting and the food is getting cold.
I hope that you can see that working in the food service industry is a constant battle for anyone. I became very good at following any system in any restaurant that I worked in. It is basically the same bust your butt, yell back, hot food hot cold food cold, repetition, temps, time, bust your butt, clean as you go, be safe and sanitary, bust your butt, and get it done because at the end of the night you get a beer and a shot for a job well done. Well this is a great life when your single because you meet alot of different cultures, backgrounds, color, age, and wisdom. You also get dates, drunk, go to great parties, experiment with drugs, and have money in your pocket.
This is the life of working in many kitchens sounds fun huh? If you want to have your foot in the door for moving up in pay in promotion you have to socialize constantly and be seen by the managers, chefs, and the people you work with. Remember that everyone is always watching you if you think that they are not. After lots of success from starting out as a busboy, to a dishwasher, prep, line cooking, I got into management. The reason I say that I am the line cook is that in any kitchen the line is the heart of any company. It does take, however; many positions to make sure the line is successful, but in the end the line is what makes or breaks the business.
As I became older I got married and had kids. I still wanted the life of the kitchen and what it gave me. I gave more of my time, energy, and focus to my kitchen life than to my wife and kids. I started hitting walls and what I mean by walls is that in any kitchen I could only go so far and make so much money. I truly gave my blood, sweat, and tears to this business literally. This business grew on me I was successful at it for crying out loud.
I then hung up my kitchen clothes and became a network marketer. The reason for this is that during my times in a kitchen I have always searched to have a better life; a wholesome life. The doors and windows of opportunity have always been there ready for me to open them. I have always worked and followed a path of someone else's success, but really did not involve me and my legacy to pay it forward. The kitchen's success to follow is that you will constantly be held down from unlocking your true potential. You can only go so far following a system that only gives you just enough to get by.
I am so glad to follow a different success, a different challenge, a different path, and a different system of people actually changing their lives for the greater good for themselves and for humanity. From getting an education that serves you not you serving the education to get nothing from it. What I mean by this is that when you learn it you apply it constantly throughout your journey. Your success is through helping others, learning not to be selfish and not becoming a hoarder of ones self. I have seen the changes in my eyes and through the eyes of so many people that these changes to success are becoming endless and infinite. The searching for spiritual need, physical need, emotional need, and mental need is over. I personally have found great life-changing and real results from becoming a network marketer.
I leave you with four lessons from Mother Teresa from the book The Power Of Purpose written by Peter S. Temes:
  1. Ambition does not have to be selfish.
  2. Ambition is most effective when it serves a greater good.
  3. Ambition can come hand in hand with modesty-the focus of attention can remain on the ambitious accomplishments and not on the ego of the person leading the charge.
  4. The way to succeed is to play by the rules, but play harder and play smarter than the rest of the pack. Do that and you'll be on the side of the angels. Share what you gain, and you are doing the work the world needs done.
Visit My Official Website @ http://www.takecontrol.us

    No comments:

    Post a Comment